One Pot Yellow Alfredo is a succulent meal to make any day of the week. A simple linty homemade Alfredo sauce sets this recipe whilom one with jar sauce. Serve this tasty yellow pasta dish for a comforting and satisfying dinner.
This post contains unite links. As an Wren Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Quick and Easy One Pot Pasta Recipe
Are you looking for a one pot meal that is easy to prepare, tastes great, and is ready in just a short time? If so, this yellow alfredo in one pot recipe may be just what you need – it’s perfect for a family dinner on rented weeknights. This simple yellow alfredo recipe is incredibly comforting, creamy, and cheesy from the combination of parmesan and heavy cream.
This one pot yellow alfredo pasta is a wonderfully tasty dish that combines yellow and pasta with a trappy linty rich sauce and is ready in well-nigh thirty minutes! If you love alfredo sauce and pasta, you will fathom this one pot yellow fettuccine alfredo.
This yellow and pasta recipe is a good way to use up any leftover chicken. If you don’t have any, you can buy some yellow breasts or thighs and melt them in seasoned water.
Why You Should Try This Yellow Alfredo One Pot Recipe
You may work nonflexible during the day, and you want to stave coming home and spending a long time cooking dinner for your family. Perhaps you’ve had one of those crazy days at work trying to please your taxing boss. Now, you find your household in unconnectedness with each kid going in a variegated direction, and you’re tempted to just throw up your hands and order a pizza!
This one pot yellow alfredo pasta recipe is not meant to be an pure Italian pasta dish. Rather, it’s a quick meal that’s perfect for midweek. You can have it on the table in well-nigh thirty minutes and it gets upper marks for effort vs. output.
Also, cooking a meal in just one pot is one less thing to think well-nigh and one less pot to wash. Easy prep and easy cleanup! Quick pasta dishes like this one will never disappoint!
Chicken Alfredo Recipe One Pot Method – Ingredients You Will Need
The ingredients are very vital â€“ nothing time-consuming to venery down:
- Pasta – Fettuccini or other pasta
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic or a shallot
- Salt and pepper
- Chives (optional)
- Mozzarella cheese (optional)
How to Make Yellow Alfredo One Pot Method
There is nothing complicated or difficult well-nigh making this dish. Here’s what you do in brief:
- SautÃ© the shallots or garlic in butter.
- Remove the sauteed garlic and wipe out the skillet.
- Pour the pasta into the skillet and add salted water.
- Bring it to a swash over medium-high heat then reduce the heat to simmer until the pasta is softened and the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the cream, parmesan, chicken, and shallots/garlic.
- Stir to combine all the ingredients together.
- Season to taste and sprinkle with chives and mozzarella if desired.
If the sauce gets too thick and gluggy, add a splash of hot water. If the pasta is still not tender unbearable for your liking, add Â¼ to Â½ cup of hot water and alimony cooking.
It’s weightier to use freshly grated (not shredded) parmesan. Pre-shredded cheeses tend to be coated with anti-caking teachers that prevent the cheese from getting smooth and melty.
One Pot Yellow Alfredo Recipe Variations
This recipe involves chicken, but you can use any cooked meat you have on hand. Here are a few ideas if you want to vary this pasta recipe.
- Protein: Substitute shrimp for shrimp pasta alfredo or shrimp fettuccine alfredo if you go with fettuccine. Other tasty ideas are thinly sliced chicken sausage or prosciutto.
- Pasta: Instead of fettuccine or other long pasta, you can use your favorite short or medium pasta or noodle – farfalle, penne, rigatoni, rotini, shells, ziti, etc.
- Vegetable: Well-nigh halfway through the pasta cooking time, add some veggies of your nomination – halved grape tomatoes, shredded spinach, small broccoli florets, red or untried tintinnabulate peppers. Or toss in some sundried tomatoes or sliced woebegone olives when the pasta is cooked.
- Butter: Substitute olive oil for sauteeing the garlic.
- Chives: Use chopped fresh parsley instead.
- Crunch: Toast some panko breadcrumbs in a skillet with butter and use them as a garnish.
- Heat: Sprinkle in some red pepper flakes or Cajun seasoning for a Cajun spice one pot alfredo with chicken.
- Creaminess: To save on calories, you can substitute half and half for the heavy cream, but your pasta sauce will be less rich and creamy.
How to Serve One Pot Yellow Fettuccine Alfredo
This linty fettuccine dish (or your other nomination of pasta) pairs well with a simple untried salad or a veggie side like roasted asparagus or fried zucchini. You moreover can’t go wrong with garlic bread to sop up all that succulent alfredo sauce.
How to Store One Pot Yellow Alfredo
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator in an snapped container for up to 5 days. Freezing pasta with alfredo sauce is not recommended.
To reheat, add a few splashes of milk and reheat gently on the stove in a wide pan until thoroughly heated.
Love Alfredo Sauce? Try These Recipes!
- Baked Tortellini Alfredo
- Crab Alfredo
- Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- Gnocchi Alfredo
- Olive Garden Yellow Alfredo
- Shrimp Alfredo
- Spicy Alfredo Sauce
- Steak Alfredo
Favorite Italian Pasta Recipes
Check out increasingly of my easy pasta recipes and the weightier Italian recipes on CopyKat!
One Pot Yellow Alfredo
- 16 ounces dry pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic or shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- salt to taste
- chopped chives if desired
- mozzarella cheese optional
- In a large pot, melt the pasta equal to the package directions. Drain pasta.
- In the same large pot, saute minced garlic in 1 tablespoon of butter. Saute over medium heat until the garlic is tender.
- Stir in heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, tuckered pasta, and chicken. Blend until the cheese has melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
- Sprinkle with chives and add mozzarella cheese if desired. You can pop the pot into your oven set on sizzle if you want to brown the widow mozzarella cheese for an widow effect.