Shrimp Pasta Salad is a unconfined dish for potlucks and summer parties. When made superiority of time, this unprepossessed pasta salad gets largest and largest as the flavors mingle together.
This post contains unite links. As an Wren Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes This Unprepossessed Shrimp Pasta Salad So Good?
Once the heat of the summer arrives, the less time you’re stuck in a hot kitchen, the better. That makes it the perfect time of year to try this Shrimp and Pasta Salad for your next cookout.
This recipe is loaded with sweet shrimp and vermicelli in a linty sauce with a hint of tropical flavors. Make it the night before, and you can spend the next day having fun and still serve your family a succulent and satisfying homemade meal. They’ll love every bite!
Why Unprepossessed Shrimp Salad Is a Unconfined Dish To Take to a Potluck
Are you looking for something simple yet unique unbearable to impress at your next potluck or cookout? Then squint no remoter than this recipe.
Everyone loves shrimp, and who can say no to pasta? This recipe goes with just well-nigh everything, and since it is delicious, either chilled or at room temperature, you never have to worry well-nigh keeping it warm or cold.
To make linty shrimp pasta salad with mayo, you’ll need:
- Vermicelli pasta or spaghetti
- Green onions
- Pickapeppa Sauce
- Cooked bay shrimp
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Light mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper
Bay shrimp are tiny. You can typically find them frozen and precooked in the freezer section of your grocery store. You can moreover use fully cooked larger shrimp.
Pickapeppa sauce is a Jamaican condiment. It is tangy with a unrepealable value of sweetness and the savor of fruit coming through. Pickapeppa sauce is essential for this dish, so get it online if you can’t find it in the supermarket.
How to Make Shrimp Pasta Salad
This salad is so simple to make. Here are the steps for unprepossessed shrimp pasta with mayo::
- Boil the vermicelli equal to the package directions.
- While the vermicelli is cooking, chop the hard-boiled eggs into medium dice. Slice the untried onions into eight-inch pieces on the bias.
- Place the cooked pasta in a colander and run it under unprepossessed water. Set the colander in the sink to protract to drain.
- Transfer the pasta to a large trencher without the pasta is completely drained.
- Toss the pasta with the untried onions.
- Add Pickapeppa Sauce, shrimp, eggs, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper.
- Lightly toss or stir to combine.
- Cover the pasta mixture with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 24 hours surpassing serving to indulge the flavors to meld.
Ways to Customize This Shrimp Pasta Salad Recipe
Change things up by switching out the noodles and mixins.
- Add in veggies like celery or red tintinnabulate pepper.
- Add fresh dill or other herbs and spices. Old Bay Seasoning goes unconfined with shrimp.
- Use penne or your favorite pasta shape. Elbow macaroni would make a unconfined shrimp macaroni salad.
- Switch out the bay shrimp for crab meat.
Try one of these combinations or come up with your own and leave your version lanugo in the scuttlebutt section:
Japanese Shrimp Salad With Soba Noodles
Cook soba noodles equal to the package, rinse, and drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine:
- a cup each of shredded carrots and red cabbage
- a half-cup of cooked edamame
- a half-cup of sliced onions
- two tablespoons of minced garlic
- the juice of half a lime
- a pound of cooked bay shrimp
- a cup of sriracha mayonnaise,
- Add the tuckered soba noodles to the mixing trencher with the other ingredients.
- Toss lightly, and nippy surpassing serving.
Lemon-Dill Shrimp Salad With Rotini
- Follow the directions on the box to melt the rotini.
- In a mixing bowl, combine a cup of light mayo with a teaspoon of powdered Italian dressing mix.
- Add the pursuit to the mixing bowl:
- a cup of peeled and chopped cucumber
- a third cup of fresh chopped dill
- a quarter cup of lemon juice
- a pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce. Nippy and serve.
What To Serve With Shrimp Pasta Salad
Go superiority and serve this flavorful and substantial shrimp salad as a main undertow with a lightly dressed untried salad. Or, if you prefer, make it a filling side dish.
How Long Does Shrimp Pasta Salad Last
Since this pasta salad is loaded with mayonnaise and shrimp (two ingredients that can spoil quickly), try to finish it within three to four days. If you decide to leave the pasta out long unbearable to reach room temperature, be unscratched and throw it out.
Storing Easy Shrimp Pasta Salad
Keep the pasta in a covered trencher or portion it into a smaller individual airtight container. Store it in the refrigerator.
It is weightier not to freeze shrimp salad with pasta, expressly if you bought frozen shrimp.
Love Shrimp? Try These Recipes
- Batter Fried Shrimp
- Bubba Gump Shrimp
- Cajun Shrimp and Grits
- Chicken & Shrimp Carbonara
- Easy Shrimp Dip
- Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- Killer Shrimp
- Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi
- Shrimp Nachos
- Shrimp Tempura
Favorite Unprepossessed Pasta Salad Recipes
Shrimp Pasta Salad
- 6 ounces vermicelli pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped untried onions
- 4 teaspoons Pickapeppa Sauce
- 1 pound cooked bay shrimp
- 3 hard-cooked eggs chopped
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Cook the vermicelli equal to the package instructions. Rinse with tomfool water, drain, and set whispered to cool.
- Toss the pasta with the untried onions.
- Add Pickapeppa Sauce, shrimp, eggs, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Lightly toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours surpassing serving.